Hirsutism Treatment (Best 20 ways for Curing Excessive Hair Growth): Hirsute Treatment is mainly done by Anti-Androgen like Cyproterone Acetate, Eflornithine (Vaniqa). Doctor also suggested to change the lifestyle, diet for Hisutism Treatment.
After considering all the most important causes of the Hirsutism, there is a need of effective treatment to be applied to disease in order to conquer it. The most effective therapy for Hirsutism usually involves a combination of various approaches such as:
- Lifestyle modifications
- Medical therapy
- Mechanical hair removal/cosmetic removal
- 2 Hirsutism Treatment - Best 20 ways for the treatment of Hirsutism
- 2.2 1. Hirustism Treatment by Lifestyle Changes
- 2.3 2. Hirsutism Treatment with Medical therapy
- 2.5 3. Hirsutism Treatment with Eflornithine cream
- 2.6 4. Hirsutism Treatment with Ethinyl Estradiol
- 2.8 5. Hirsutism Treatment with Cyproterone Acetate (Anti-Androgens)
- 2.10 6. Hirsutism Treatment with Metformin
- 2.12 7. Hirsutism Treatment with Androgen Suppression
- 2.14 8. Hirsutism Treatment with Oral Contraceptives
- 2.16 9. Hirsutism Treatment with Glucocorticoids
- 2.18 10. Hair Removal Methods/ Mechanical Hair Removal Methods/Cosmetic Methods
- 2.20 11. Hirsutism Treatment with Shaving
- 2.22 12. Hirsutism Treatment with Bleaching
- 2.24 13. Hirsutism Treatment with Waxing
- 2.26 14. Hirsutism Treatment with Plucking
- 2.28 15. Hirsutism Treatment with Threading
- 2.30 16. Hirsutism Treatment with Hair removal Depilatory cream
- 2.32 17. Hirsutism Treatment with Epilators
- 2.35 18. Specialist Hair Removal Methods
- 2.37 19. Hirsutism Treatment with Electrolysis
- 2.39 20. Hirsutism Treatment with Laser Hair Removal
Hirsutism Treatment - Best 20 ways for the treatment of Hirsutism
1. Hirustism Treatment by Lifestyle Changes
Lifestyle plays very important role when it comes to deal with diseases so we should take some crucial steps to refine the way we live and what we eat.
Hirsutism Treatment by Lifestyle changes that include:
- Healthy eating habits.
- Moderate daily exercise and weight loss.
- These are the cornerstone of treatment for obese hirsute women. Weight loss decreases serum insulin levels, ovarian androgen production, and the conversion of androstenedione to testosterone.
- Production of sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) increases, causing a further reduction in free androgen levels.
- Having adequate amount of water intake.
- Being happy.
- Doing power yoga or other exercise.
- Having green tea.
- Avoid refined and processed foods.
We should take great care of our health in order to chase Hirsutism. If we use temporary methods and changing our lifestyle then this disease will not be eradicate from its root.
As a result of changing our lifestyle many diseases also be treated along with Hirsutism.
2. Hirsutism Treatment with Medical therapy
Medical therapy involves Androgen Suppression or Androgen Receptor Blockade.
Given the lifespan of terminal hair, at least six months of medical therapy are required before slower and finer regrowth of hair is noted.
Although some permanent destruction of hair follicles can be achieved with electrolysis or laser, hair growth tends to recur after cessation of medical therapy.
3. Hirsutism Treatment with Eflornithine cream
It is a prescription cream applied twice per day to slow the growth of unwanted facial hair. The result can be usually being seen after 8 weeks of treatment.
In the beginning, it should ideally be combined with another form of therapy such as laser, waxing etc.
Either Eflornithine cream or medical therapy is commonly used by most women.
4. Hirsutism Treatment with Ethinyl Estradiol
These combinations contain oestrogen (a female hormone) and a little dose of other hormones which have an anti-male hormone action. These hormones may not suit everyone, especially women over the age of 40 years.
Side effects include bleeding between periods, tender breasts, nausea (feeling sick) and headaches.
The hormones should not be given to women who are overweight, smoke, or have lifestyle in which they sit down a lot. This is because the medicine can increase the risk of a blood clot in people with these factors.
As a result of which many problems arises.
5. Hirsutism Treatment with Cyproterone Acetate (Anti-Androgens)
Anti-androgens work against male hormones. Women should not become pregnant during and for up to 3 months following treatment with anti-androgens as they can interfere with a baby’s development.
Cyproterone Acetate is also available in doses that are larger and more effective than the dose found in the combination product.
The main disadvantage is that higher doses are more likely to produce side effects including weight gain, depression, and loss of libido (sex drive).
Higher doses should therefore only be given to women with moderate or severe Hirsutism and always with a safe contraceptive method, in women of childbearing age.
Spironolactone is a weak diuretic (water tablet) that has some anti-androgen activity.
Like cyproterone, safe contraception should be practiced to avoid pregnancy. Side effects include tender breasts and irregular periods.
6. Hirsutism Treatment with Metformin
This drug is normally used in the treatment of diabetes. In recent years it has been shown to be beneficial to women with PCOS .
The main side effects of metformin are nausea, abdominal cramps, flatulence (wind), diarrhoea and constipation.
In addition to these side effects women also gets hormonal disorder if you take metformin without consulting any dermatologist.
7. Hirsutism Treatment with Androgen Suppression
It was designed Suppressive therapy and is used to decrease androgen production of the hormones, especially from the ovaries.
It is most useful and powerful method for treatment of hyperandrogenic Hirsutism, but may also play a role in idiopathic Hirsutism.
8. Hirsutism Treatment with Oral Contraceptives
You can use oral contraceptives or co-cyprindiol (Dianette) to cure excessive hair growth on your body and face.
Co-cyprindiol is very popular medicine to treat hirsutism by lowering down the growth of male hormones (androgens) in the female body.
But, you never take oral contraceptives without medical advise by a doctor. I always suggest you to consult a experienced doctor for the treatment of hirsutism.
9. Hirsutism Treatment with Glucocorticoids
Although glucocorticoids can be used to suppress adrenal androgen production, androgen receptor blockers are more effective in the treatment of Hirsutism, even when due to late onset congenital adrenal hyperplasia.
10. Hair Removal Methods/ Mechanical Hair Removal Methods/Cosmetic Methods
This is one of the common most methods girls/women used now a days. Its not only low cost but also safe as compared to other methods. Although these methods are not long lasting or permanent but its very affordable and safe.
There are varieties of ways to remove or conceal unwanted hair. Some of them can be done at home, while others specialist treatments which are done in the clinics by the professionals. Following are the various methods to do so.
11. Hirsutism Treatment with Shaving
Shaving is one of the most common methods in the field of removing unwanted hair. This method is relatively quick and easy. It is effective and inexpensive and one can do it at home only using razor and shaving cream. This method won't make the hair grow thicker back, but it may irritate if you have sensitive skin.
It also results in Early “stubble” during initial days following shaving which is not good.
12. Hirsutism Treatment with Bleaching
Bleaching is another easy and quick method of removing unwanted hair especially good for stubborn mustache, sideburns. It is widely available in the market as H2O2 cream. This method helps in disguising the facial hair and lightens the dark hair into light color which is hardly visible.
It can make dark hair look better in the short period of time. This method also have some drawbacks like it can cause severe skin irritation especially when you have sensitive skin. So, it is better to check the cream by applying on small area of your skin.
13. Hirsutism Treatment with Waxing
It is very simple and low cost method of removing unwanted hair. There is no early growth of hair and lasts much longer. Its best and accepted by most of the women.
But it can lead to ingrown hairs, folliculitis, and scarring.
14. Hirsutism Treatment with Plucking
This method include pulling out of facial hair with the help of plucker tool. This is best method especially good for removal of long hairs on chest, breast and chin. It can lead to folliculitis and subsequent scarring.
It should not be used on periareolar areas of the breast or pigmented nevi.
15. Hirsutism Treatment with Threading
Threading can be used to reduce growth of the hair if done frequently, but it can be painful and may result in inflammation of the hair follicles (folliculitis).
It is cheap and effective but results are temporary.
16. Hirsutism Treatment with Hair removal Depilatory cream
Using Depilatory cream is another method in which hair removal creams are used to remove hair. But, these creams are full of chemicals and are prescribed to not use on the face.
You can use these hair removal cream on hands and legs. These creams do not leave stubble behind. It should be tested first on small area of the skin before using it.
17. Hirsutism Treatment with Epilators
Epilators is an advanced plucking machine. This method can remove hair from large areas of the body but can be painful and cause folliculitis.
It is expensive method as hair removal machine is expensive relatively.
18. Specialist Hair Removal Methods
It is methods which are done by the professionals say skin doctors (dermatologist). They are specialist in this field of removing unwanted hair. It is expensive method but results are permanent and long lasting.
19. Hirsutism Treatment with Electrolysis
In this method electricity is used to remove the hair from the body. It is one of the recent and can be a permanent solution. This therapy includes other kind of treatments as well. This method can be painful and may cause scarring.
Sometime, electrolysis method also results in the change to your skin color. It is expensive method but results are for longer period of time.
20. Hirsutism Treatment with Laser Hair Removal
In this method, powerful beams of light are used to remove hair from the body. Laser hair removal treatment can remove hair for longer periods than home removal methods, but the results aren't permanent.
It may include side effects like redness, darkening or lightening of the skin and scarring. Therefore, laser hair removal method has some pron and cons with it.
- Requires qualified operator
- Expensive and time-consuming
- May not be as permanent as electrolysis
- Little long-term follow-up data
In Conclusion - Hirsutism Treatment (Best 20 ways for Curing Excessive Hair Growth)
"Hirsutism Treatment" must be taken timely. In most of the cases if it is treated properly andtimely manner than chances to cure Hirustism permanently will be rises to 92%. So, Ask a Dermatologist for Hirsutism treatment.